As the mornings get colder, there is nothing better than a warm bowl of stove cooked oats to get you going! I’ve jazzed up the recipe by adding a few different spices.
1 cup Oats
2 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Cardamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk of choice
Toppings you like (e.g. Peanut Butter, Fruits, Seeds)
- Combine oats, chia seeds, spices and vanilla and 2½ cups of boiling water in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- When all liquid is absorbed, add milk of choice and stir well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Pour into serving bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes (this will thicken it slightly)
- Top with anything you like, I added orange segments, raspberries, coconut flakes, crushed nuts, pepitas, cacao nibs and peanut butter.
** I don’t add sweetener to my oats but you may like to add honey or sugar.