I’ve called this a pudding because porridge just doesn’t cut it with this! It really does taste like a delicious creamy chocolate-y pudding. I topped mine with crushed nuts, strawberries, blueberries, coconut and some raw chocolate-shortbread slice!
½ cup Oats
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Cocoa powder (I used Premium Cocoa, Dutch Processed)
½ Mashed banana
2-3 Chopped dates
½ cup Milk of choice, I use almond milk
½ cup Frozen raspberries
Handful of cacao nibs
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa, banana, dates and 1½ cups of boiling water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- When all liquid is absorbed, add milk of choice and stir well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir through the frozen raspberries and cacao nibs
- Pour into serving bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes (this will thicken it slightly)
- Top with anything you like!
** I don’t generally add sweetener to my oats but you may like to add honey or sugar.