Makes about 20
150g Dried dates
1/4 cup Mixed nuts
½ cup Desiccated coconut
1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
1½ cups Rolled oats
1 tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Chia seeds
1/4 cup Raisins
½ tsp (pinch) of Salt
2 tbsp Protein Powder
100g Nut butter
2 tbsp Water
Extra crushed nuts to roll the balls in
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain the water.
- Blitz the mixed nuts in your blender, then remove.
- Combine dates, coconut, sunflower seeds, oats, vanilla, cinnamon, chia seeds, raisins, salt, blended mixed nuts and protein powder into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until the mixture looks like crumbs and dates have mixed through the oats.
- Remove the mixture and place into a large bowl.
- Add the nut butter and mix through until combined. Add water if needed to mix into a dough.
- Scoop out 20 portions using your hands.
- Roll into balls and roll in chopped nuts.
**Store in the fridge for optimum freshness until needed, keeps for 7 days.