Custard-y oats are perfect if you find your oats aren’t keeping you full for as long as you’d hoped. The addition of an egg adds extra protein and makes them very creamy. I wouldn’t recommend this for every morning but it is nice every now and again.
½ cup Oats
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
½ Mashed Banana
1 1/4 cups boiling water
½ tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Cinnamon
- Combine oats, chia seeds, banana, vanilla, cinnamon and boiling water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Crack your egg into the pot and whisk over heat until all combined and has thickened slightly.
- Pour into serving bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes (this will thicken it slightly)
- Top with anything you like, such as more banana, strawberries and seeds.
** I don’t generally add sweetener to my oats but you may like to add honey or sugar.