I’m slightly obsessed with chia seeds at the moment, so I thought I would experiment with a chia ‘porridge’. Turned out similar to a chia pudding with a few different textures. I enjoyed mine cold after I refrigerated it for a few hours, but you may like it hot as well.
½ cup White chia seeds
½ cup Buckwheat
½ cup Rolled Oats
½ cup Milk of choice (I used almond coconut milk)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
- Combine oats, buckwheat, chia seeds and 2 cups of boiling water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes, until all liquid has evaporated (if liquid evaporates quickly, add some more liquid till you like the consistently).
- Add milk of choice and stir well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Pour into serving bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes (this will thicken it slightly)
- Top with anything you like, I added figs, blueberries, coconut and dried rose petals.