I think this is one of my favourite oats combos to date! By cooking the bananas they become deliciously sweet and toasting coconut and nuts makes the flavours come alive.
For the Oats:
½ cup Oats
2 tbsp Raw buckwheat
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tsp Beetroot Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Toppings:
1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
Handful of Macadamias and Hazlenuts
- Combine oats, buckwheat, chia seeds, beetroot powder, cinnamon, vanilla and boiling water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add milk of choice and stir well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed
- Pour into serving bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes (this will thicken it slightly)
- While the oats are cooking, heat a small frying pan and spray with cooking oil
- Slice your banana lengthways and place in hot pan
- Add your coconut, nuts and sesame seeds to the pan
- Turn the banana when it is golden brown and cook on the other side for one minute
- Remove from pan, place on top of oats
- Top with fresh strawberries, pepita seeds and anything else you may like!
** I don’t generally add sweetener to my oats but you may like to add honey or sugar