¼ cup quinoa flour
¼ cup rice flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ banana, mashed
½ cup yoghurt
¾ cups almond milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Handful of fresh fruit and nuts
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and there are bubbles starting to form. Add the milk, yoghurt and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Stir through the mashed banana and beat until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir with a wooden spoon. Try not to over mix.
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon your batter onto the pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is finished.
** Can substitute yoghurt for unsweetened apple sauce. Recipe adapted from Kayla Itsine’s Blog.